Tooth Extractions in Middletown, NJ
Dental extractions are performed for a variety of reasons including tooth decay, injury, and for orthodontic treatment. Extractions are a relatively common procedure and are performed in one office visit.
Reasons for Tooth Extraction
The most common reason for removal of a tooth is severe decay or breakage of a tooth. Teeth may also be removed due to:
- Severe tooth decay or infection
- Extra teeth that are blocking other teeth from growing in
- Severe gum disease
- To make room for orthodontic treatment
- The tooth can not be restored endodontically
- Fractured teeth
- To make room for a dental crown, bridge, or implant
- Cosmetic dentistry
Regardless of the reasons a tooth must be pulled, extraction is usually reserved only for cases in which no other treatment option will cure the infection or problem.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, contact Navesink Dental Care in Red Bank today.